Halsted Welles Associates is a New York City design/build firm based in Brooklyn specializing in urban gardens and green roof systems. Small but well established, we provide unique design solutions for a high-end residential client base. Our multi-disciplinary team of architects, designers, engineers and horticulturists is supported by in-house construction and service crews. The mission of HWA is to return natural systems to the urban environment.
Key competencies required:
- Minimum three years Accounting experience in a RELATED field
- Required education: Bachelor's in associated field* High level of, proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat as well as Quickbooks
- Strong, supportive team skills and values
- Strong analytical skills, organized, good with numbers, and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professionalism, polish and independent work ethic required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial reports
- A/P, A/R , Bank Recs & Accruals, general administrative help.
Please respond with a cover letter that tells us about you and why you are interested in this position. Resumes submitted with form letters will not be considered.
CAD Operator/ Design Assistant
- Provide presentation drawings of design intention and construction details
- Project take-offs and estimating
- Site measurements and base map creation
- On-site project layout and construction inspections
- Administrative support to Design department
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D modeling, experience drafting plans
- Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
- 3 years relevant experience in architectural/engineering design firm
- Vectorworks proficiency
- Degree in CAD Drafting
- Experience with landscape and/or pool design
- Knowledge of patio building construction
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
The ideal candidate should be energetic, detail-oriented and organized. A good attitude with a willingness to learn and a team player, polished and professional.
Link to portfolio required, submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
Garden Installation Project Manager
We have an immediate opening for a Garden Installation Project Manager to manage the installation of new gardens and the hardscape maintenance of existing gardens. Please review the following and submit your application via email to email@example.com including salary requirements.
• Manage production of multiple simultaneous projects from design and specifications through completion and project review
• Manage and report on all phases of production, including budgeting, estimating, scheduling, managing logistics, tracking, materials consumption, labor productivity, and problem solving
• Coordinate and manage subcontractors, including stone masons, carpenters, metal workers, plumbers, and electricians
• Contract with suppliers and coordinate materials deliveries
• Interface with clients, building representatives, suppliers, subcontractors, and in-house staff to deliver high quality projects on time and on budget
• Schedule in-house staff for shop and field production
• Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Construction Management, or related field
• 4-7 years related experience
• Driver License with clean record
• Demonstrated commitment as a team leader and team player with an enthusiasm for creating urban gardens
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the design/build process, construction methods, and interpreting architectural drawings
• Expertise in using project management software, such as Microsoft Project, Zoho, Smartsheet, etc.
• Complete facility with Vectorworks or AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Positions in Horticulture
If your passion is gardens and you know horticulture or garden stewardship, we want to help you express your talents. Each of our clients' gardens in unique and provides a more diverse horticultural challenge than a single individual can meet. It takes a team of professionals, and we're hiring at all levels.
You have an education and solid experience in horticulture. You have an eye for beauty and a scientific approach to problem solving. You are a skilled communicator, whether leading crew members or relating to clients. You have the maturity to manage accounts, projects, and people. You have a particular knack for design, plant nutrition, pest management, project management, or a combination. You have a current NY State license as a Certified Pesticide Applicator/Technician, Class 3A.
You have acquired some solid skills in horticulture and enjoy proving them: ornamental pruning, hedge trimming, arranging plants (large and small) and planting them, noticing garden pests and plant health problems, identifying the right plant for the right location, or leading a crew to leave a site "client ready."
You have an interest in plants and gardens. You like physical team work in all weather. You're physically strong to carry a load of 50-60 lbs. up and down flights of stairs. You have an eye for getting anything clean. You enjoy learning gardening as part of a motivated tea. You have a zeal for service.
• Rooftop Gardening
• Greenhouse Gardening
• Estate Gardening
• Botanical Garden
• Current NY Pesticide Applicator Category 3A certification
• Valid Driver License with excellent driving record
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants who are being considered will be contacted.
No phone calls, please.